20 Dec, 2011
S.C.O.R.E! Great questions to ask your clients by Debbie Robinson
Posted by: The Coaching Academy In: Coach Spotlight|Coaching Articles|Coaching Client Acquisition Articles|CPD for Coaches|Life Coaching Articles|Personal Success|Small Business Coaching Articles|Success Stories
We all know that we need to ask our clients question in order to get to the real core problem or desired solution. But what questions are they?
How can YOU ‘coach’ your clients? Here’s a quick and easy way to remember what to ask: S.C.O.R.E.
Select which questions feels most appropriate for the situation:
• What’s not working?
• What do you want to change?
• What is the problem that you would like to solve?
• When so you notice this problem?
• What are the signs that there is a problem?
• What do you believe are the causes of the problem?
• What triggers it off?
• What events or contexts cause the problem to happen?
• What stops you from fixing this?
• Who or what is benefiting from you not fixing this?
• What do you want instead of this problem?
• What outcome do you seek?
• Where do you want to get to?
• How would you know if you had solved this problem?
• What resources (skills/money/equipment/contacts) do you have that you can use to solve this problem?
• Have you solved similar problems in the past?
• What resources do you already have that you can use to solve this problem?
• Do you know anyone else who has these resources or has overcome this similar challenge?
• What will it do for you/your team/your organisation for you to attain this solution?
• What will be affected by your solving this problem?
• Who else will be affected when you have your outcome?
• What else is possible?
• How will reaching your outcome change things?
• How will you manage the changes?
• What will you learn from it?
These question will help you understand your client and to build rapport and trust – Key requirements in any successful relationship.
by Debbie Robinson